Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

X5: have the same issue with my car as listed above. 2003

Customer Question

have the same issue with my car as listed above. 2003 BMW X5 Had da new battery installed. After installation car started for about 10 seconds and kept shutting down, When depress the ghas pedal sounded like it was sucking air and shut off again. ran fine before battery issue
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

hello,

what question did you want answered about this?

I am not sure how to reply to your statement "Not sure what to do"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What do you think the problem might be to the issue of what is happening to my car after the battery was replaced. Keeps shutting down and I hear a air sucking sound when I push on the gas pedal

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated on a sunday evening. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the most likely cause would be an air leak / airflow sensor issue, or failed crankcase vent valve for those symptoms.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

does this have anything to do with the codes being reset after the repalcement?

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer.

no it does not.

Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating