Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

111mk, 525 i: Kenny, I installed the relay, but I still have

Customer Question

Hello Kenny, I installed the relay, but I still have issues, The car was running fine no problems at all till the relay to the fuel pump failed, I noticed the car had a leak on the sunroof , and the passenger side floor had 3" of water in it. The car starts since I replaced the fuel pump relay but I don't have power to anything else, sunroof, telescopic steering wheel, power windows power locks, alc panel lights up intermittinly. There are no blown fuses and the car is now dry, when the car runs the electronic shift control for the trans is no powered up as well
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.
Water can have disastrous effects on car. I would check all the connectors for water ingress (like green corrosion), Check the modules for water inside them same effect. I would also check the power input to the fuse panel to make sure it is clean dry connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello The only place the water touched was under the passenger seat, I checked voltage at the fuse box, some varied 12v,10v, 5v is that normaol or should they all be 12v?
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.
They all should be 12volts I would trace back those circuits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kenny,I found the problem several wire were broken at the bolt in fuse box under the seat, I have everything repaired and working , except the trans will shift, stays in high gear , also the message center is flashing trans, failsafe mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trans will not shift sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The transmission was working perfectly before I had the problem, I have not driven the car since I have repaired it,But will only move in a higher gear.