Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

My BMW is not starting, its cranking but not starting.

Customer Question

My BMW is not starting, its cranking but not starting. Couple of weeks ago i started seeing the red light flashing when i was idling at the stop sign. After the sign turned green, it had very rough acceleration and lost power and stopped. I pulled it on
the side and cranked it couple of times and it started after 2nd or the 3rd crank. I took it to a mall parking lot close by and had it towed. Did lot of research and came to the conclusion that it could have been either an engine missfire or ICV valve. At
home, i replaced all the ignition coils, all spark plugs were changed 20K miles before, and took out the ICV and cleaned it up well with brake cleaner. Cranked the car, it started very smoothly but after few min died. I cranked it multiple times but it didnt
start. Got an OBD-2 reader and found that it had a code (Crank Shaft position sensor). I got it replaced yesterday and it wont still start. Checked all the important fuses too but all are good. Any help to further diagnose
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what is fuel pressure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont know, i did see fuel coming from valve on the rail. Is there a way i can measure the pressure? thanks