peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Z3: I have a z3 was running fine ... And now it won't star

Customer Question

I have a z3 was running fine ... And now it won't start
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was fixing driver door panel .. Door switch and now my car won't start. Please help
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect any wiring and electrical components in the area the work was being done for any damage at all.If a fault is found with any wiring or components this will need corrected.Make sure everything is installed and connected properly as well.
If this is all o.k. check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If one or more fuses are found to be blown replace the affected fuses and re check the operation.
If these are all o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been disappointing to see it took so long for a responds .. Your respond is nothing but commend sence. The problem I have is in the ignition.. It locks it self and car does not turn on.
Once again I do apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I posted as soon as I saw your question myself.
Are you saying the doors lock themselves or the ignition locks up?
Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was working on door when the car didn't want to start but it Seems like It is the ignition that is the problem. I have done some research and BMW are known to have Ignition problem .. The steering wheel locks and car don't start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dash board and radio turn on but not car