Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Hey, we changed turbo charger on my mini r56 cooper S, and

Customer Question

Hey, we changed turbo charger on my mini r56 cooper S, and after one day, there was yellow engine light Charge air pressure control - permanent code
The turbo does not work and the mechanic checked all hoses and they are ok. When you reset engine light and the car is in neutral and you put your foot down, you can see and hear turbo working. But after 20 meters of driving, the engine light is back and ther is no power anymore. Can you help me?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin . A couple of things. What was the reason for the change (was it the same fault as now) ?
What is the actual fault code ? Where did new turbo come from ( brand new, refurb ?)