Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

750il: ran across your site, do you guys still work

Customer Question

ran across your site, do you guys still work for bmw
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what those cylinders have in common, However a common issue with that engine is carbon build up on the intake valves that can cause rough running and misfire faults.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done some more testing and research and still unsure where to go with this, as I drive monitoring as much as possible, it seems everything is operating normally. O2 sensors, adaptations all low, the main thing I see at present is while driving the smooth running values are in line with the misfires, after driving under steady accel and letting off throttle the values are consistently with cylinders 1,4,6,7 all negative numbers and cylinders 2,3,5,8 all positive sometimes as high as -7.xx and +7.xx again noticed that the cyliders that misfire are 2.3.5,8. I did check plugs again and move coils with same result. Also when this happens it shuts down cylinders 2,3,5,8 at exactly same time and one doesnt misfire without the other 3. The car does run good until the misfire happens. I have also rechecked all wires, and connections of coils, injectors and air mass. These also are every other cylinder in firing order.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you see the reply I sent on Friday