Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

330XI: my 2004 bmw 330xi when trying to start it, dump excessive

Customer Question

Hi my 2004 bmw 330xi when trying to start it, dump excessive amounts of gas into the mass air meter hose and wont crank. Is this the fuel regulator problem?
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also changed the oil simply because I think it dumped gas there as well I could smell it on the stick and the oil looked very liquidy after removing it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.
When you are trying to start it floods the engine. Yes it could be the pressure regulator as well as a failing mass air flow sensor. Also the intake air temp sensor should be checked, as well as the ambient temp sensor.
Are all the cylinders flooding? or just one? I would also check the connectors on the DME for water damage causing a cross short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes all the cylinders are flooding.