Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

E32: I have a 1990 E32 (3.0l straight six) which is running

Customer Question

I have a 1990 E32 (3.0l straight six) which is running rough and has poor power on the road. I have changed the plugs, the distributor cover and the plug wires. Compression is good but if I take off any one spark plug wire it does not seem to make any difference. Could this be a fuel pressure regulator problem?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello,
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the answer to your question is yes, it could be a fuel pressure problem - but this could be due to the regulator, filter, pump or other restriction.
fuel pressure should definitely be checked as a next step
spec pressure is 3 bar / 43.5 psi
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.