Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

325Xi: - I have a 2003 bmw 325Xi - I had to replace the

Customer Question

hi - I have a 2003 bmw 325Xi - I had to replace the window controller on the passenger from door so I needed to remove the airbag - disconnected the battery - carefully removed the airbag and connector - replaced by door window controller - when i put the airbag back and powered back up I get the Airbag light on the dash - used the B800 Airbag Scan/Reset Tool to read the code and i got an 06 (right side from door fault) - took it back apart and checked everything - no issue - reset the code but it comes back
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.
Did you properly remove the connector and reinstall it? Airbag connectors have a special locking tab that has to be released before removal and reinstalled after the connector is reinstalled. It is also very fragile and I have broken before one before. I would reinspect it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the new connector style - so I lifted the tab and pulled the connector - this first time I actually pulled the locking tab out - I carefully replaced it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anything special about the locking tab?
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.
Did you fully seat the connector back in the airbag before installing the lock tab.
It sounds like you understand the locking tabs, Just make sure both "prongs" are intact on the locking tab.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need to pull it apart and try again - if that doesn't work do you think i will need to replace the cable in the door?
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.
I would inspect the door harness for damage maybe a door screw hit it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - Thanks - I will check everything again
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ended up needing to replace the connector - the two pins that are part of the connector lock that separate the the saving connections were broken off - new connector fixed the issue - Thanks again
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.
Glad I could help. Don't forget to leave a positive rating it is how I am compensated. THank you