peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

745i: My battery went dead after falling asleep in the car

Customer Question

My battery went dead after falling asleep in the car with the radio on. The battery charges up to 12.1 volts. The car starts but runs extremely rough and then dies.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Most likely the idle learn and other learn procedures like crank shaft relearn need done.The computer has most likely lost the memory for these learns and is causing this here.These learn procedures have to be done with either a dealers computer or a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.I would have this done.
Thanks Pete