peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

540i: I have a sunroof problem , I just replaced the common

Customer Question

I have a sunroof problem , I just replaced the common sunroof slider feet that brake and have reassembled mechanically. as seems well but motor will not operate
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
On some models if a fault code sets in one of the computers related to the roof system this can disable the roof system from operation.If this fault set before the repair was done and there is a fault code set for it the fault code needs cleared out/erased to correct this issue here.If you have not had this checked to see if any codes need cleared I would have this done.
Thanks Pete