Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Mini: I have a 2006 mini cooper R50,W10 engine, with a

Customer Question

I have a 2006 mini cooper R50,W10 engine, with a slave cylinder connect to the bottom of the transmission. I just replaced the clutch, all that was damaged was the release bearing, when I finished the job, the car started fine, I can change gears when I have the clutch pedal to the floor, but when I try to put it in to 1st gear it won't go, I hear an load grinding noise. What can be the problem.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin. I'm assuming the clutch pedal,feels good. And is bleed properly. This is the only option that doesn't require gearbox to be removed again even if cylinder hasn't been disconnected try
Bleeding first .I have seen many times before the clutch fork crank and bend slightly when under load