Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My girlfriend has a 2005 525i , and it suddenly wouldnt start

Customer Question

My girlfriend has a 2005 525i , and it suddenly wouldnt start ..and after changing the starter. Alternator, and battery and now they said i need to find the code for my kill switch. Which is a series of buttons pushed and so fourth with my key . Do you know the key sequence/code?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
hello.
is there an aftermarket alarm installed on this car?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No she has a factory/stock alarm...
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated on a holiday. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
then unfortunately what you have been told is false
there is no sequence of buttons to "reset a code for the kill switch" - this is completely fabricated
if there is a security / immobilizer issue with the car, this can only be rectified via programming with a BMW factory-level diagnostic computer
it is also possible that there is something else inhibiting start, I am not sure how it was diagnosed and by who but If they said you need to press buttons on the key to reset the kill switch, then it does not sound like they are very familiar with this car
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.