Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

2003 bmw 745 LI bought this used vehicle in florida. in april.

Customer Question

2003 bmw 745 LI bought this used vehicle in florida. in april. had some trouble getting the title could not drive it. it sat around with alarm on for 2 weeks. occasionally started with zero issues. then drove it up to michigan with zero issues. 2 weeks ago battery died. bought a new one. same type, agm 49. now, have to charge the battery every time before i go to work. usually need a jump to get home. two things: 1. check engine light came on in florida right after i bought it. brought it to the bmw dealership and they told me that it had something to do with valves and handed me an estimate for 17,000 usd for new valves. (i believe this to likely be some emissions issues based upon what i have read from other owners, and that the car seemingly runs great otherwise. 2. the only other thing is that while i'm at a stop light on occasion, the car will lose rpm's and go from 650 to 500 and then go back to 650, and then drop again 30 seconds later...back up...what i characterize as a "hiccup". NO other lights lights up on the dash (including battery, or otherwise.)
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what fault codes are logged in the car's fault memory?