Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Z3 Roadster: 96 z3 changed plugs and filter disconnected battery.

Customer Question

96 z3 changed plugs and filter disconnected battery. once work done re-connected battery started car and don't have speedo or tach. Tried running check thru trip meter switch and it won't cycle, just has 4 or 5 lit squares but no movement to diagnostic cycle. This is with engine off and ignition on. Any suggestions
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Please check your fuses if you have not. should be 23 27 31 and 46 but verify on your own fuse diagram
if there are no blown fuses, then unfortunately this indicates a failure of the cluster itself as the tach and speedo info come from different systems and have only the cluster in common.
you can possibly send it out for repair, contact module masters or programma inc to see if they can help
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle