Thebmwbum
Thebmwbum, BMW Foreman
Experience:  31 years BMW Experience
28432071

2001 BMW 325I: I changed right side engine mount. After the

Customer Question

2001 BMW 325I: I changed right side engine mount. After the removal and replacement, vehicle will not crank. I have confirmed that the battery is fully charged. I can hot wire the vehicle and it will start, however, it will not crank from the switch.
The Electronic Immobilizer Control relay is not being energized. In the start position, the 12VDC is not being supplied.
Joe
Category: BMW
Expert:  Thebmwbum replied 1 year ago.
HI
Joe
Please check that the ground cable from chassis to the mounting bracket is connected
Another trick is to put a lumper box on the engine positive and to the block as the ground
this would confirm a bad ground if it starts
Please update when possible
I will check back
Thanks
THEBMWBUM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have checked the ground cable from chassis to the mounting bracket and all is good. I ran a separate ground cable to confirm ground is working. I can hot wire the vehicle and it will run, however, it is missing. I cannot hot wire with the ground cable from chassis to the mounting bracket disconnected, which confirm the ground is working.

Also, I cannot pull-up any fault codes.

Is there a security system on this vehicle?

Expert:  Thebmwbum replied 1 year ago.
Just the EWS . You may want try a spare key. Or you may have to align the engine module with Ews.
Try another key