sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Convertable: I hae a 2006 MINI. The car will not start (starter

Customer Question

I hae a 2006 MINI. The car will not start (starter turns over). Teh EML light is on. The check engine light is on, & gives code "P0456"
Category: BMW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
P0456 is a small leak in the evaporative emissions system and wouldn't be related to a no start condition.
If there are no related codes setting then odds are you're missing fuel rather than spark. Most causes of lost spark will set a fault code.
I would recommend turning attention to the fuel system first. See if you can hear the fuel pump running when the key is first turned on. If not and fuses are good then you'd need to confirm it's power and ground before replacing it.
If the pump does run then you can use a fuel pressure gauge to see if the pump is actually producing enough pressure to start the engine.