Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

650i convertible: Tech's, I own a 2007 BMW 650i convertible

Customer Question

Hi Tech's,
I own a 2007 BMW 650i convertible (E-64) I have replaced the windshield washer/fluid sensor twice. I'm still getting the fluid is low light on my dash? I've topped off the washer fluid, still no change? Is there something I'm missing?
Best regards,
Clint
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
there isn't really anything to miss in this very simple circuit
one thing you can try is unhooking the car battery for an hour to reset everything, this can sometimes clear out odd glitches
if the problem persists, this is a very simple sensor so if it has been replaced and the fluid is full, there must be a wiring or connection issue somewhere. I would suggest checking wiring very carefully and potentially running some temporary repair wiring
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle