Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

328i: DSC light and ABS light on in the BMW how can I clear

Customer Question

DSC light and ABS light on in the BMW how can I clear the code clear the error
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Have no diagnostics been carried out? What "code" are you trying to clear?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No diagnosis. Im wondering can I attempt to clear the lights without taking it to bmw
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
you can attempt to, but the lights usually only come on when the system is faulted due to a failed component, and therefore will immediately come back on until the failed component is replaced and proper system operation restored
if you would like to attempt to reset the lights, you can unhook the battery for an hour, or find somebody with a bmw scan tool which can clear abs/dsc faults and have them clear via computer hook up
again, neither of these is likely to change anything, as the underlying fault will still be present and trigger the lights again immediately until fixed
the most common cause would be a failed abs wheel sensor, a failed abs/dsc module or a failed steering angle sensor. the only way to verify is to have the fault logs read from the car using a bmw scan tool.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle