Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

Hatch back: We have 2005 mini cooper S hatchback. The clutch

Customer Question

We have 2005 mini cooper S hatchback. The clutch started acting up, we ordered a master and slave cylinder. My husband installed them and bled them. When he bleeds them no air comes out, just fluid. But we still only have half a clutch, with difficulty in shifting. He can shift if he really pumps up the clutch prior to shifting. Any suggestions as to what we can do with our dilema?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If he is having to pump the clutch to get it to work then he is very likely still dealing with air in the system. To re-bleed it . When this is done, the slave cylinder should be fully compressed and held compressed. While the slave cylinder is compressed, the system can be bled conventionally. Pump the clutch pedal and hold. Open the bleeder and release fluid/air. Close the bleeder and then repeat the bleed procedure. Usually doing this will remove the air and solve the problem.