internal88
internal88, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Automotive Engineering Degree and also work for an Automotive engineering company since 2003.

528i: What is the best tech. school to attend if I want to

What is the best tech. school to attend if I want to get credentials to become a BMW auto tech / mechanic? Thanks, Kevin
Category: BMW
Expert:  internal88 replied 10 months ago.

internal88 :

Hello, I'm Brandon.

internal88 :

Have you review the The BMW METRO STEP Experience program?

internal88 :

The training development program is for highly-skilled BMW service technicians. Available to the top performing graduates of the country's best.

internal88 :

http://www.bmwstep.com/ - Here is the website for additional detals.

internal88 :

The Step program is tuition free but you have to a top student in one of the qualified autmotive schools.

internal88 :

You will learn and experience the latest BMW technology.

internal88 :

I will recommend you to also work in a BMW specialized shop for hand on experience.

internal88 :

The Step is national recongnized as one of the best bmw program out there.

internal88 :

If you want to be the next generation of BMW tech. The BMW STEP program will be best helpful for you.

internal88 :

Are you willing to re-locate?

Customer:

Yeah I know about that program. I read about it on the UTI website. I read student reviews of that school and about 40 to 50% of former students and graduates gave it poor ratings. I was just wondering if there was a smaller better tech school because UTI is basically a for profit chain business

internal88 :

Lincoln Technical College is based in Queens, NY.

internal88 :

Many schools such as UTI is commericalize and only looking for profit.

internal88 :

SUNY Farmingdale - This is a good school. This is the school that I went to.

internal88 :

I graduated 4 years there and learn many autmotive engineering techology.

internal88 :

State school so the tuition is reasonable.

internal88 :

Sorry, I will back in one hour.

internal88 :

I'm going to switch to QA mode for now. I will be back at 12 pm.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

OK Thank You

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

How do I rate your answer. I can't seem to find the icon to click onto

Hi Kevin,

Some of the best school are not commercialized because they are non-profit.

For example: school like SUNY Farmingdale is accredit college, they offer 2 year and 4 year Bachelor degrees in automotive technology. You will learn the automotive theory,engine design, electronically system and engineering behind the automotive system. This is a intensive program and I highly recommended. After the 2 or 4 year program you can think about going to the BWM STEP program if you prefer. During the meantime you should locate a BWM specialized shop and work part time there to learn hand on. This is the best learning experience I had. I like the specialized shops because you get to experienced old and new BMW as I have experienced in real life. You will learn a lot after 5 years.

Bes of Luck!

Brandon

internal88, BMW Mechanic
Experience: I have an Automotive Engineering Degree and also work for an Automotive engineering company since 2003.
Kevin,
The rating should be on the top with smiley faces.
Thanks,
Brandon