internal88
internal88, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Automotive Engineering Degree and also work for an Automotive engineering company since 2003.
63512786

323i: I have a 2000 BMW 323i that needs new tires. The current

I have a 2000 BMW 323i that needs new tires. The current tire set up on my car is 205/55r16. I purchased a set of 5 tires (spare included) that are 205/60r16. I brought them in to be mounted and balanced and they told me because these are not recommended for my car that they will not put them on.

Im really trying to avoid the extra $200 plus it would cost to return these tires and and replace them with 55 size sidewalls. I understand it is a slightly taller tire (speedo difference, diameter/circumference change, etc.) and not recommended for my vehicle, however I just want to know if it is ok on my car to replace the tires with these. Will I run into any serious complications or is it a minimal enough change that I can get away with it? It doesn't appear to me that there would be any rubbing or any problems with it actually fitting under the fenders.

Once again, I understand its not recommended but I just want to know if I can put these on without much of an issue..(rubbing, ABS, DSC, etc....)

Thank you very much in advance.
Category: BMW
Expert:  internal88 replied 11 months ago.

internal88 :

Hello, I'm Brandon.

internal88 :

I have been working for BMW for more than 15 years.

internal88 :

205/60/16 tires you bought will be OK for the car. It will not rub the fender or cause any light to come on. It will slightly higher but you won't even feel the different.

internal88 :

You will need to go to another independence shop to get the tires mount and balance.

internal88 :

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is the new tires you got won't cause any future complication.

internal88 :

I will be online for another half hour let me know if you have further questions.

internal88 :

Thanks.

internal88, BMW Mechanic
Experience: I have an Automotive Engineering Degree and also work for an Automotive engineering company since 2003.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.