Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

BMW 745Li: Upon start-up warm or cold during idle I bring thr

Upon start-up warm or cold during idle I bring thr rpm's up to 1200-1800. Only in this range do I feel a substantial vibration through the seat and not the steering. Any ideas? 2005 BMW 745li

eurotec :

Hi, for a vibration felt in the seat I would have to suspect either worn motor mounts or a worn transmission mount. I would have all of the mounts inspected for this problem. Replacing the mounts will most likely cure the vibration. It's also possible that there is a vibration coming from the motor but it would not be as common. The serpentine belt could be removed for a quick test to see if any of the rotating components are causing a vibration. The mounts are the most likely problem however.

eurotec :

Let me know if you have any questions.