Brendan Block
Brendan Block, BMW Technician
Experience:  I have been a BMW Technician for nearly 10 years and specialize in engine conversions, brake upgrades and race car preparation.
74228754

540i: Codes p0022 1341 1350 1355 1348 1356 after getting oil

Codes p0022 1341 1350 1355 1348 1356 after getting oil separator done

Fidhle007 :

Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a BMW tech. Hopefully I can help you today!

Fidhle007 :

Those codes are related to cam timing and misfires. If the car is running ok I would look for an unplugged sensor wire and if it's running rough I'd look for a loose coil wire.

Fidhle007 :

A lot of stuff probably got unplugged when they oil separator was done and it would not surprise me in the lease if some was left unplugged or was plugged in in the wrong location.

Fidhle007 :

I hope this helps! If you've found my answer useful please accept it and leave me a positive rating! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks and good luck!

~Brendan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

car starts fine idles rough starts and stalls when cold out

Was the oil separator done at the dealer or an independent shop?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

friend of a friend

I would ask them to double check all the plugs they may have touched during the process, it definitely sounds like something is unplugged or in the wrong place!

Thanks and good luck!

~Brendan