Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

750LI: the parking brake light is on

the parking brake light is on

eurotec :

Hi, the BMW 750LI uses an electronic parking brake. If the warning light remains on you will most likely need to replace the electronic parking brake actuator. The part retails for approximately $900 and takes about an hour to install. It's a common fault on the 750LI. A diagnostic scan should be performed on the parking brake system to verify the failure. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Customer:

Do you have a part number?

Customer:

Where on the car is it located?

eurotec : The parking brake actuator is located in the trunk floor area. I will post a part number as soon as I arrive at work this morning.
eurotec : I will be at work in about 45 minutes.
eurotec :

Hi, the original part number for the actuator is 34 43 6 782 755 but I found out that the part number has been replaced by part number 34 43 2 240 757 which now retails for $1136.

eurotec :

If you have a shop there is an aftermarket repair kit available for the gears in the actuator. You can contact OdometerGears.com for the repair kit. Click here for instructions to repair the actuator. There is also a link to video instructions at the top of the PDF for the repair.

eurotec :

Let me know if you need anything else. Please note that you must leave a positive rating for my service in order for me to receive credit for my help today.

Customer:

Sounds good, thanks for the help.

eurotec :

You're quite welcome.