BMWDoc
BMWDoc, Independent BMW shop owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with BMW's. Independent European shop owner and technician.
14582033

bmw 328i: i recently aligned my 2000 328i bmw but it is still

i recently aligned my 2000 328i bmw but it is still puling to the left slightly and a vibration is felt through all range of speed although the entire front end was renewed

BMWDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

BMWDoc :

I'd like to try to get some basic information first, if you don't mind

BMWDoc :

First off, is your car a sport package or not? What size wheels and tires, and are the wheels OE BMW?

BMWDoc :

And while you're typing, just need to step away from the keyboard for a moment...

Customer:

not a sport pkg, it is loweredand i am using 18in. rims tires are 225/40/18 after mkt.

BMWDoc :

Ok, thanks. What wheels exactly, and tires? Just need to know. I'm very familiar with wheels and tires on these, as I own a Euro car performance shop

BMWDoc :

Still with me?

BMWDoc :

If you're having problem responding in chat, I will convert to email format soon

BMWDoc :

But please don't rate the answer, as I'm still gathering information from you

Customer:

the rims are "zinik" brand and the tires are "Delinte" in the front and "Haida" in the rear. had to go outside and check sorry.

BMWDoc :

Ok, no problem at all. Now, believe me, no disrespect intended at all, but neither of those are what is generally considered a well-proven wheel or tire

BMWDoc :

which leads me to start considering the possibility of starting with a tire change, with a good road-force balance

Customer:

Are you familiar with the names of the tires? The rims are of a national known brand bought them in ATL.

BMWDoc :

I sell a LOT of wheels and tires, and know brands extremely well, but these are not familiar at all

BMWDoc :

they show up a lot on ebay though

Customer:

the tires are rated94w for i guess speed rating

BMWDoc :

Sure, every tire has ratings like this

BMWDoc :

94 is load capacity and W is the speed rating

Customer:

okay so you suggest i change the tires

BMWDoc :

That would be a great first step. I can give a recommendation if you'd like

BMWDoc :

Also, one other question. Have you had it aligned?

Customer:

yes i had it aligned just yesterday. could the rims possibley be damage but still be reading okay?

Customer:

when being aligned

BMWDoc :

Well, this is difficult to explain. Wheels (rims) can be balanced, even if they're bent, meaning that they will balance fine on the machine, but while driving, if there are any irregularities, you'll feel a vibration

Customer:

i had a feeling that would be your awnser thank you alot

BMWDoc :

Would you like a good tire recommendation?

Customer:

yes please

BMWDoc :

Continental Extreme Contact DWS (all season) or DW (summer only)

BMWDoc :

great tires

BMWDoc :

no balance problems ever

Customer:

hey man thanks for your help....talk to you later g'night

BMWDoc :

glad to help!