BMWDoc
BMWDoc, Independent BMW shop owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with BMW's. Independent European shop owner and technician.
14582033

BMW 525i: MY battery keeps dying on my 2002 525i, could it

MY battery keeps dying on my 2002 525i, could it be the blower motor resister? When the air is on the air flow was changing by itself from high to low?

BMWDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

BMWDoc :

Ok, there are a couple of ways of going about this. What I would strongly recommend is doing a proper key-off draw test.

BMWDoc :

However, the other thing you can do if you'd like to confirm a possible blower resistor fault is to shut the car off, get inside, lock the door, and listen very carefully for the blower motor to be running at slow speed. It's often very apparent

BMWDoc :

And with your observation of the fan speeds changing by themselves, this is a good bet

BMWDoc :

If you'd like me to walk you through the draw test procedure, I'm happy to do so. You will need two people, and a good multimeter that can display milliamps