Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

2007 mini cooper. brake pad sensor activated...sensors..bled

2007 mini cooper. brake pad sensor activated. Both fron and rear pads and sensors were replaced, system bled, all works well. Sensor light wont go off. Will disconnecting the battery reset the computer to shut off the light? Proper tool was used to recompress the caliper pistons.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Can i please have the last seven digits of the vehicle identification number? Did you replace the brake sensors as well?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
vin number will be sent this afternoon when i can go get it. the sensors are intregal with the pads and were replaced. left front and right rear.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

There is a reset procedure you need to do to reset the brake pad warning after replacement with new sensors.

Here is the procedure:

Please remember to press the feedback tab after reading my post. Thank you and let me know if I can help further.

Kind Regards

To enter the service Menu:

Insert
Key

Do not press clutch /
brake

Press Start button

Wait until the Car / revelant Service
symbol disappears on the Rev counter display

Immediately after the symbol goes out -
Press and hold Both buttons on the Rev Counter

Continue to hold - the system will run a
dash light check

Continue to hold

Display will then show VIN / Menu, -
continue to hold through this until the time Reappears on the
display.

Now release Only the Right hand Button
(trip reset) for about a second, and then press and hold again (whilst still
holding the LH button)

After another second or 2 the display will
show the Front Brake Symbol You Are

Now in the Service Menu

Use the BC Button (on indicator stalk) to
scroll through to the relevant symbol - eg Oil Reset or Rear Brakes

To
Reset the warning indicator light - Press & Hold the BC Button at the
revelant symbol until RESET appears - then press and hold again until the
process is complete.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
car doesent have a start button or any buttons on the rev counter.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Can I please have the last seven digits of the VIN number as originally requested. This helps look up information by VIN.

Please note that it is my goal to help you as best as possible. Before giving negative feedback post back so I can try to help you further.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
TF68002
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I will look this up and get back to you shortly.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. Please not that for me to receive credit I must be able to help you so you are happy with my response and you must leave positive feedback. My goal is always to help as best as possible so let me know if you have any problems and I will try to help further.

After reading and trying this procedure please leave positive feedback. Thank you.

The original procedure I have is for the vehicles with the BC button on the stalk. By VIN it looks like you have the earlier style reset.

Enter vehicle, close the door and buckle the seat belt.

Insert key but do not turn.

Press and hold the instrument cluster button above the steering wheel (should be the button on the right in the cluster).

Turn the key to the first position (the accessory lights should come on). Note that the key as 3 positions possible. One turn is accessory, the second is key on (terminal 15) and the third is when held in start position.

You should see "reset" come up on the display after holding for a short time.

Let go of the button and then press and hold again. The "reset" should flash.

At this point you do one quick press to finalize the reset.

Let me know if you have any problems. After resetting please leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience: 10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.