Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW X5 4.8is: My 2005 X5 is getting a Self Level Suspension

My 2005 X5 is getting a Self Level Suspension Inactive warning light again. I understand there may be more than one reason this happens. Can someone enlighten me?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED OR MULTIPLE QUESTIONS ACCEPT STILL NEEDS TO BE CLICKED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that I do not receive any credit or compensation whatsoever for my time and effort until the green ACCEPT button is pressed. Thank you.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Yes, there are many components in this system and it only takes the failure of one to take the system down. It could be a sensor, the control module, the compressor, etc.

The good news is that when the system goes down, the car's computer logs a record of the problem in its memory. This fault log can then be read out using the proper diagnostic equipment to point to the problem.

Check your fuses if you have not, but aside form this, the proper diagnostic equipment will be required to read out the fault memory from the car and identify the failure which has rendered the self leveling system inactive. There is no way to diagnose this system without knowing what faults are stored, so a fault read is your next/only step at this time. Hopefully it is something minor/inexpensive.

I am sorry I cannot point you to a specific item, but this is the reality of this complex system and I trust that my honesty and quick and thurough response is appreciated.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with your vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve