Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Problem in the self leveling suspension of a 2006 BMW X5 4

Problem in the self leveling suspension of a 2006 BMW X5 4.4i
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

what is your question regarding this problem?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Steve, my name isXXXXX suspension doen't work. The car is in the service and the local mechanic, that works for me a long time, and has a good service, do not get the solution..

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

what kind of equipment does he have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont know the exactly answer but I think he has the proper scanner to do the job.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED OR MULTIPLE QUESTIONS ACCEPT STILL NEEDS TO BE CLICKED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that I do not receive any credit or compensation whatsoever for my time and effort until the green ACCEPT button is pressed. Thank you.

there are many, many things that can cause a problem in this system. A proper scanner is required to read the fault logs which will point to the failure.

If he cannot find the failure then I would have to suspect he does not have the proper sacnner. you will need to take the car to a shop that has a BMW GT1 or similar scanner.

It is impposible to trouble shoot this suspenson without knowing what faults have been looged so this is your only option at this point.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with your vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tks, Steve......it's a reasonable answer......but, supose his scanner is correct. He have been checking the system for days, everything seems good, compressor, fuses, relais, airbags. He founded a problem in the front sensor, driver-side, change it, and nothing........in your oppinion, due to that, where is the problem?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

Please do not forget to click "ACCEPT" as this is the only way I am credited for my answer. I am not credited or compensated in any way until "ACCEPT" is pressed.

Justanswer is an honor system. Thank you.

In that case I would suspect the control module, or a false warning in the cluster.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If I have answered your question, I would kindly ask that you please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for doing so.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert