Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW X5: car run..changing..lifters..we start and after a few minutes

Customer Question

BMW X5 2006 4.4 liter
the car run rough at iddle when we start first time in the day and the BMW dealer recommandation : changing all the 32 lifters to correct the problem
we did the job and the car still run rough when we start and after a few minutes the engine is more stable.

regards
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. Did the new lifters improve the problem at all? I'm guessing not... Do you know what codes you get?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the codes are:

29CC combustion misfire several cylinder

29DO mis fire cyl 4

29D4 mis cyl 8

29D2 mis cyl 6

29cF mis cyl 3

29D1 mis cyl 5

regards

8 coil and spark plug brand new

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

do you have the part numbers for what was replaced?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

11-33-7-516-948-m40

the levers were ok

regards

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED OR MULTIPLE QUESTIONS ACCEPT STILL NEEDS TO BE CLICKED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that I do not receive any credit or compensation whatsoever for my time and effort until the green ACCEPT button is pressed. Thank you.

There are some simple things that can cause rough idle like an air leak, bad crankcase vent valve, bad temp sensor, or leaky injectors.

Unfortunately your symptoms fit the symptoms of bad levers 100%, so that is most likely the problem.

Here is the BMW bulletin on the issue: CLICK HERE TO VIEW BULLETIN and then press "download" to save a copy to your computer.

The dealer mis diagnosed the issue, you need to have the levers replaced. Your sympoms fit this problem 100%.

This is VERY common and is your problem for sure, exactly as laid out in the bulletin I have provided. I would suggest the dealer cut you a HUGE deal on labor for the proper repair, since they have already spent a lot of your money on a wrong diagnosis.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with your vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve