Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2002 BMW X5: scanner..P1345..the service engine light went

I am still working on this 2002 BMW X5 4.4Lt I plugged my scanner in and found 8 codes as follows P1341,P1343,P1345, P1347, P1351, P1353, P1355, P1357 any ideas about the causes of all these codes? I reset the codes and the service engine light went out and stayed off so far.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. How Is the engine running at present?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The engine seems to be running ok

no rough idle?

no smoke?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The idle seems fair but i notice an odd sound coming from the right side exhaust pipe like an intermitent misfire it's hard to describe it also I notice there still is a bit of an odor emitting from the exhaust, I had another vehicle which had these same symptoms emitting billowing clouds of smoke so you could not even see the vehicle and the same odor i ran the gas out of it And filled it back up with fresh fuel and the smoking stopped both of the vehicles that this happened to were sitting out of service for a considerable period of time the other vehicle a Chev express van has idle problems surging and slowing but at this point the BMW did not re register any new codes.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPERTS ARE NOT COMPENSATED UNTILL ACCEPT IS PRESSED

.

JUST ANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS HOW EXPERTS ARE COMPENSATED

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that the green "ACCEPT" button is the only way I receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you.

all of those codes are various missfire codes. If they have not come back I would wait and see if they do. If they do, there are several things that could cause them - bad airflow sensor, bad spark plugs, intake leak, bad crankcase vent valve, fuel pressure problem, etc. You wouldneed to make hands on checks to help narrow it down.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve