Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

2008 BMW: HOW DO I REMOVE AND REINSTALL A FRONT BUMPER COVER..DAVE

HOW DO I REMOVE AND REINSTALL A FRONT BUMPER COVER ON A 2008 BMW 328 I-THANK YOU-DAVE
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. Can I please have the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
FZ86684
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
STEVE-HOW WE COMING ON THE QUESTION ON THE FRONT COVER FOR THE BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hello Dave,

It looks like Steve has opted out. I think he must have had to take care of something and is no longer online. Let me see if I can find this information for you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ANY IDEA WHEN I WILL GET THE INFO?
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. I was working on the posting when you responded.

To remove the bumper with vehicles with a headlight washer system. First lift up the cover on the washers on the bumper and detach them from the washer jet.

The next step is to open the hood and remove the top 4 screws above the bumper trim.

Then on each side of the wheel well arch you need to remove the 8mm screws on both sides.

Pull this trim out as there are hidden screws (2) on both sides at the top of the bumper behind the wheel arch trims in each wheel well.

Under the front bumper you then have 7 more 8 mm bolts holding the bottom panel of the bumper trim that need to be removed.

The left and right side pulls out slightly to detach and then the bumper cover pulls out toward the front. Two people should be used as you will have to disconnect some wiring as the bumper skin is removed.

I hope this is helpful. Please accept and I wish you the best on your repair. Thank you.

Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience: 10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
SAME CAR-NEED TO KNOW HOW TO REMOVE AND REINSTALL DOOR HANDLE-OUTSIDE-PASS FRONT-THANK YOU-DAVE
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Sure. Let me look this up for you. I will get back to you shortly. Thank you.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

The first step is to open the door and take out a small plastic cap. This hides a screw for the cover where a lock tumbler would go. I think this is going to be an allen. Unscrew this to remove the cover for the lock tumbler (only a cover on pass. side).

With this cover off the handle is pulled forward slightly and removed outwards.

This pic might help.

graphic

Roger, BMW Master Tech