Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

1993 BMW 318i: it acts..530 before and I had to replace the cam sensor

Customer Question

I have A 1993 BMW 318i that will not start. It turns over fine but it acts like its getting no spark and or fuel. I have had this issue with a 530 before and I had to replace the cam sensor. So I went ahead and changed it out and it still will not start. Any other suggestions?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPERTS ARE NOT COMPENSATED UNTILL ACCEPT IS PRESSED

.

JUST ANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS HOW EXPERTS ARE COMPENSATED

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that the green "ACCEPT" button is the only way I receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is Steve and it will be my pleasure to assist you today. It would normally be the crank sensor, not the cam sensor. Also a failed fuel pump would cause this. You can try using starting fluid / quick start spray while cranking. If it start with this, then you know the problem is with fuel delivery and you can check the pump and its power supply.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Took it to a shop. Turned out to be the ecu.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

that is pretty hard to predict as it is a rare failure.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.