Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

2007 BMW 328i: a triangle with a exclamation point in it is on

I just bought a 2007 BMW 328i, and on the dash a triangle with a exclamation point in it is on. What does it mean?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

where is this showing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On dash in between gauges
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

is it in the middle panel or lower panel?

is it red or yellow?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lower panel, yellow
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

is it showing up in part 7 or 8 in the image below

are you sure it is yellow and not orange / red?

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is in the part 8, to the left of the M on the image, it is not red, I say yellow, but it could be orange
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

about how high is the triangle? is it close to an inch, or very tiny?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Little one
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND EXPERTS ARE ONLY COMPENSATED WHEN THE ACCEPT BUTTON IS PRESSED

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED OR MULTIPLE QUESTIONS ACCEPT STILL NEEDS TO BE CLICKED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that I do not receive any credit or compensation whatsoever for my time and effort until the green ACCEPT button is pressed. Thank you.

This light means that a check control message has been stored.

Below is the info to read out the message.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this usually associated with serious problems or minor ones? And in that image is that the only place that triangle would show up?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

Please do not forget to press ACCEPT so that I get credit for my answer - thanks!

Usually minor ones like low washer fluid, etc.

You can get a larger triangle higher up in the panel which indicates that service is due.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If I have answered your question, I would kindly ask that you please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for doing so.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert