Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Code 285e code 2865 code 27b8 02 745li

code 285e code 2865 code 27b8 02 745li
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. Do you have the last 7 digits of the vin handy? What symptoms do you have besides the codes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

loss of power

dr06504

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
thanks I will check into this and respond shortly. you will receive an email when I respond.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED QUESTIONS YOU MUST STILL PRESS ACCEPT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that you must press the green ACCEPT button in order for me to receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you.

Also please note that we can't always receive good news, but this is not the fault of the expert answering the question.

27B8 - Differential Pressure sensor intake manifold, Plausability

2865 - variable valve gear power limitation in limp mode

285E - Variable valve timing control unit internal failure

Most likely you have a failed valvetronic control unit.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where is th valvetronic control unit and do you have a wiring diagram for this vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
One moment please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nothing in info request
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

I am posting the info now

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Hi again,

Please do not forget to press "ACCEPT" as this is the only way I receive credit for the info I have provided - thanks!

The VVT control unit is at the back of the engine compartment, per this image: CLICK HERE TO VIEW IMAGE and then press download to save a copy

There is no such thing as a "wiring diagram" for this car. BMW only has a live wiring database that must be clicked through circuit by circuit and zoomed, scrolled, etc.

There is no single wiring diagram that they provide.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Since I have answered your question, I would kindly ask that you please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for doing so.

thank you in advance.

Steve