Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2003 bmw 325i: have 3 obd 2 codes need 2 know parts 2..p1345

have 3 obd 2 codes need 2 know parts 2 get 4 a 2003 bmw 325i the codes are p1345 p1071 p1349
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. How is the car running?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is miss firing and is slugish in gaining speed
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

are you sure it isn't p0171 instead of p1071?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no its p1071 p1345 p1349
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED QUESTIONS YOU MUST STILL PRESS ACCEPT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that you must press the green ACCEPT button in order for me to receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you.

P1345 - Misfire Cylinder 2 with Fuel Cut-Off

Most likely a bad plug or coil on cylinder 2. You can swap the plug and coil around to different cylinders to see if the fault follows either. If not the plug or coil, possibly the injector.

P1349 - Misfire Cylinder 4 with Fuel Cut-Off

Same as above

P1071 is a valve timing code. It is too generic to provide insights. You will need to have the car scanned using a more sophisticaed tool in order to determine what is causing this code. There is no way to diagnose a timing issue using a P code I'm afraid. The timing system on this is car is hugely sophisticated so trying to use a p code reader to diagnose this would be like using a mid 1990s motorola cell phone to try and launch the space shuttle.

If it is indeed P0171 then that would indicate an intake air leak.

It might be worthwhile solving this issue prior to chasing the above misfires as they could be related. Also, would be worth clearing the codes and seeing which come back, this may be an old code that just was never erased.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve