Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 325i: My heater fan quit working. Ive checked the fuses

My heater fan quit working. I've checked the fuses but none are bad, could it be the
Final Stage Unit/Blower Resistor I found as a part replacement? Last year when I had the fan going it would seem to blow strong and then weak. If so, where is this part located on my car. I have a 2001 325i convertible.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

So the fan was playing up recently?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are just starting winter in the State of Washington, so this is the first time I've used it this fall. All of the lights come on, but the fan is not working. I noticed last year that it sounded funny, kind of, for lack of a better word, pulsing.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED QUESTIONS YOU MUST STILL PRESS ACCEPT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that you must press the green ACCEPT button in order for me to receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you.

Okay if the fan was playing up or acting erratic, then 99% it is the final stage resistor that is the problem. It is VERY common to fail and if you were getting erratic behavior, it is almost certainly the final stage.

It is located behind the dash on your vehicle, here is info to replace it: CLICK HERE

It is also possible that the blower motor itself has failed, but the final stage is more common.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So just if it is the blower motor, where is that located. I think that would be my last question.
Thank you.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

The blower is located at the base of the windshield, accessed through the engine compartment. Per this link: CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Since I have answered your question, I would kindly ask that you please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for doing so.

thank you in advance.

Steve