Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 328i i have a 2007 328i. the brake, ABS, DTC lights are

i have a 2007 328i. the "brake, ABS, DTC lights are always on (yellow). Also, the cruise control is not functioning. I tried cleaning the front sensors then the lights disappeared for a couple of days. Now, the same 3 warning lights are on again. I tried cleaning the rear sensors but nothing happens. What else should i check?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. Which sensors did you clean?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
At first, i cleaned the front wheels speed sensors only. After doing this, the lights disappeared for two days. On day 3, my wife moved my car using her key (i dont know if it matters which key is used) coz i was blocking the driveway. On that same morning, when i turn my car on, the 3 lights re-appeared. i drove it for a bit and it didnt turn off. when i came back home i tried cleaning the rear wheel speed sensors but the lights are still on after cleaning.
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
Ok, so at this point all you have done is cleaned the sensors?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
BTW, when i cleaned the front sensors, i also replaced the brake fluids because the warning indicates that it's already due. I reset this and now say 08/2013 as maintenance due. After doing this the 3 lights disappeared... and again reappeared in 3 days... that's all i've done...
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

thanks

do you have the last 7 digits of the vin handy?

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I fell asleep, Yes, the last 7 digits of the VIN is PG53687
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED QUESTIONS YOU MUST STILL PRESS ACCEPT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that you must press the green ACCEPT button in order for me to receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you.

Thanks.

there are MANY different things that can cause these warning lights on this vehicle, and unfortunately it is not feasible or practical to chase this down without having the fault codes read from the vehicle.

This could be a simple bad wheel speed sensor (any of the 4), but could be any of the other sensors that the system uses to inform itself, or even an internal failure of the control module in the car. Again, you will not be able to determine the cause without reading the fault memory, the first step in diagnosing these lights is always a fault scan.

At this time, you will need to have the fault memory read from the car using a compatible scan tool. The fault codes stored in the car will point you to the failed component. Without the faults, this will become a very expensive guessing game.

Also, on this model when you change the brake fluid, the system needs to be bled using BMW diagnostic equipment because there is an ABS pump in the system, so this could also be playing into your problem.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with your purchase.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve