Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 325i: Hi, How do I get the back seat down..so I can get

Hi, How do I get the back seat down..so I can get to my battery?

Thankx,Julia

bmw 325i 2006
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. Is the battery dead? Is that the problem?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes it is. I have no power..I used the key to open the door..But the key wont work to open the trunk? Why is that. So the only way to get to the batttery would be the back seats?? Or Can I jump it from the engin somewhere??

Thankx so much

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUST ANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

*

*

*

*

What you want to do is pop the hood so that you can jump start the car using the jump start posts under the hood. Once you apply power via jumper cables, you can open the trunk normally. In your owners manual, under jump starting, its shows a picture of the jump posts and describes the process.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Steve,

I dont have my Manual..Grrr..I left it at work. Could you tell where they are and what it looks like? I'm sorry I'm a girl.

Julia

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
There is a little plastic cap on it with a plus + sign. Then the negative goes to a clean nut. I would recommend enlisting a neighbor that is familiar with jump starting if you can.

.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Since I have answered your question, I would kindly ask that you please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for doing so.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

LOL..oh it's that easy...Thanks Steve... Will do..:)

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
You are welcome.

.

thank you in advance.

Steve