Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 325Ci: how do i reset my ABS light on my Bmw 325 cic

how do i reset my ABS light on my Bmw 325 cic
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. how have you verified that there are no codes?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
plugged in machine to car at auto repair shop
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

what kind of machine? what shop?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

a matco diagnostic machine model ### ????

middletown auto repair they did find the code for my check engine light but not my abs light. i took the car in because the abs light, brake light, and the warning light were on, also my speedometer was not working, no code came up for my abs but it was determined that my abs/ speed sensor needed to be replaced. i replaced it and now my speedometer is working but we can't get the light to go out

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED QUESTIONS YOU MUST STILL PRESS ACCEPT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that you must press the green ACCEPT button in order for me to receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you.

If the light won't go out, then there is either still a problem or there is a failure in the instrument cluster. It is not uncommon for the ABS module itself to fail, so this very well could be the problem, this is more likely than the cluster failing.

I would unhook the battery for an hour and see if the light will go out then. If not, then you may need to replace the module or the cluster. I would have BMW scan the car to verify.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i will try the battery idea, but if the module was bad then y don't i get a code for it?

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

because its bad. they don't give codes or give nonsense codes when they are bad.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
last question, is the abs sensor the same as the module that you are speaking of?
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

no, there are multiple sensors that feed info to the ABS control module, which controls the entire system

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks