Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Bmw: front windows..checked fuses..control module both windows stopped

the front windows on my bmw e36 converible have both stopped working have checked fuses and control module both windows stopped at same time.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

how did you check the control module?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Swapped it with a working one from another car.

a bit more info when window switches operated you can hear clicking at both window motors same as when door pillars switch is operated hope this helps

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON A SUBSCRIPTION WITH UNLIMITED QUESTIONS YOU MUST STILL PRESS ACCEPT

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that you must press the green ACCEPT button in order for me to receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you.

If power is making it to the windows, then the problem is most likely with the motors/regulators. You will need to pull the inside door panels off to inspect and test the motors.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

are you saying that both motors/regulators could or will fail at the same time?

or if one has failed then that would prevent the other one from working?

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Yes I am saying both failed at the same time.

No one shouldn't prevent the other from working.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Since I have answered your question, I would kindly ask that you please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for doing so.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i find that highly unlikely that both motors?regulators would fail at same time however i will test them in the meantime i have accepted your answer