Anthony
Anthony, BMW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.

BMW 745Li having hard time bleeding cooling system, no heat,

having hard time bleeding cooling system, no heat, 2004 745li
Category: BMW
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Welcome to justanswer!

The way to bleed the system is to have the key on and the heat on max temp but the blower set to its lowest setting. Then the aux pump runs and pushes the air out of the system. If that wont work then replace the thermostat. Then bleed the system again the same way.

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
anthony ,i filled system ,raditor, started car ,with blower on low , ran 5 min then water bubbled out of filler tank.i still get no heat, was i supposed to start car and leave cap off
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.

Ok, turn the heat on low and high temp with the engine off. Fill the reservoir to the top. Run the engine for 1 minute with the cap off and fill it up to max. Put cap on and run it until it warms up. Then let it cool all the way down and top it off again. If this process wont work, replace the thermostat and start over.

Anthony, BMW Technician
Experience: ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
anthony i still have no heat
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.
Theres no way you just did the procedure that I showed in 5 minutes plus replaced the thermostat. So start by filling it right then do a thermostat. Only after that can you start to see whats going on with the heat.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
anthony i still have no heat if i jump thermostat will that tell me if it is working, i replaced belts, water pump,last week,
Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.
Are the heater hoses getting hot?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello anthony,im a car dealer ,i know cars,i just dont know this one too new for me,i checked all hoses feel hot ,but the main hoses on rt and left side connected to thermostat,the hose on left ,passenger side is cooler then the one on drivers side ,i also I thought it was thermostat problem,i jumped both new and old thermostat , neither did any thing

Expert:  Anthony replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay...

Is the engine getting up to operating temperature?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello anthony, it runs for 5 minitues then splatters out of the water tank,with cap off,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i just filled tank ,disconnected plug from thermostat, waited until water got hot,them jumped power to thermostat, no difference, engine is hot raditor cool, still no heat,seems like bad thermostat, or computer not sending signal to open thermostat,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer. I WANT TO KNOW WHY I CANT BLEED COOLING SYSTEM ON BMW 745LI 2004,I SENT IN REPLY TO ANTHONY ,YESTERDAY ,I STILL GOT NO RESPONSE,I STILL HAVE NOT GOT THE CORRECT ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS,