Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2000 bmw 323ci: Blower fan quit working at any speed..my vin

2000 bmw 323ci, Blower fan quit working at any speed. Haven't tried any thing yet.LAST 7 OF MY VIN ARE EB40557
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. Did it behave strangely before it went out, or just stop outright?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
just went out witn no simptons

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

the first thing to do is check the fuse. If the fuse is okay there are two possibilities for what has failed - the final stage resistor (a small device that regulates blower speed) or the blower motor itself. You can test for power at the blower, if power is present then the blower is bad, if not the final stage is bad. The final stage is a very common failure so my money would be on it as being the problem. Cost is $120 plus 1 hour of labor to replace it.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve