Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

1995 bmw 525i: i need the radio code

i need the radio code for my 1995 bmw 525i. the radio's serial number is XXXXX
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

is it an alpine unit, do you know?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i'm not sure...
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Ok no problem please give me a moment
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

Before reading my answer below, please note that experts receive no credit or compensation until the green ACCEPT button is clicked. Experts work hard researching your questions, and in order for them to be compensated the green "ACCEPT" button must be pressed. Thank you for understanding.

thanks for your patience.

The CODE is 56466

Please consider a tip / bonus as most dealers would charge $50+ for this information

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

thank you in advance.

Steve

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it does not seem to be working. it beeps at me after i hit the final number. is there anything else I should do besides simply type the code in?
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

what does the radio say on it right now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
code
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

please double check the serial number

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the serial number is XXXXX code on the back of the radio correct? It's a small metal plate with the code on it. that code is F50656597.

On a side note, I looked on the bottom of the radio and it looks as though there once was a sticker there that has now been removed. I'm hoping that isn't important but I have no idea.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

try turning the radio off then on, then hold the M button for 10 sec. it might display the serial number that way to confirm.

let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
nothing..