Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 325i: how to change the ignition and key switch in a 1994

how to change the ignition and key switch in a 1994 BMW 325i
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today. Which parts exactly are you trying to replace? Just they key cylinder?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no ignition and key cylinder. do I have to take the steering wheel off, and what about the air bag if I do

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

JUSTANSWER IS AN HONOR SYSTEM AND THE ACCEPT BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED TO CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

.

THANK YOU

*

*

*

*

You don't need to take the wheel off.

I have uploaded instructions to help you.

When you click the link below, a new window will open.

when the new window opens, make sure you press download to save a copy.

Here is the info: CLICK HERE FOR INFO

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.

A 1994 actually won't have a ring antenna, so you don't even have to take the trim off, just use a pin like tool to release the cylinder, per the info I provided.

.

.

thank you in advance.

.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

also have to change the whole ignition, steering is locked, had to unhook battery to get the power to turn off

Expert:  Steve replied 5 years ago.
This should be what you need to replace.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Since I have answered your question, I would kindly ask that you please press "ACCEPT" so that I receive credit for doing so.

thank you in advance.

Steve