bimmaster, BMW Technician
Experience:  3 years dealer experience, master bmw tech

1998 BMW 528i: wiper wont work..replased relay nothing work. Fuses

Customer Question

I have 1998 BMW 528i wiper wont work. Replased relay nothing work. Fuses are ok. Need help.
Category: BMW
Expert:  bimmaster replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I would first start by checking the 13mm nut that holds each wiper arm at the base. There may be a plastic cap over it, remove the cap. and try tightening the nut. If the nuts were loose at all, this was likely the problem.
If the nuts were tight, you'll need to remove the access panel on the firewall to see the wiper motor, and then check with a volt meter to see if it's receiving 12v.
If it has 12v at the motor and it still doesn't work, the wiper motor will need replacement. These commonly go bad.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no cirrent at motor connection only on one small wire is there more than 12v at more connections at motor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
one small wire at motor has 12v on it that for pump is there other wire with 12v on it
Expert:  bimmaster replied 5 years ago.
Are you sure you've replace the correct relay? what was the part number and location of the relay you replaced?