Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2003 BMW 325I: leak..the radiator that is attached to hose

I have a 2003 BMW 325I it has a leak running from the object connected to the radiator that is attached to hose. How can I unconnect the attachment from the radiator and put on a new one to stop the leak?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

can you please be a bit more specific about what is leaking

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The hose that run from the bottom part of the radiator it has and attachment that clips on to the radiator it leaks. not the hose.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

is it a sensor?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It has some type of sensor on top of it
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
can I please have the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
KL60917
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

can you identify it below?

Parts diagram

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the part that connects to the raditator by way of #3 hose #4 is set on top of the part that leaks.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

*

*

*

*

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

Thanks.

You would need to jack up the car and remove the under body protection to access the hose, then replace the sensor. Should be straightforward once you are under the car.

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

Many thanks.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How would you take the attachment off. What type of tool would you use?

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

It should just pull out or unscrew.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Since I have answered your question, I would kindly ask that you please press "ACCEPT" so that I receive credit for doing so.

thank you in advance.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm not talking about the sensor I'm talking about the plastic object that holds the sensor and is connected to the hose that somehow attaches to the radiator.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

the sensor plugs directly into the hose.

the entire hose will need to be removed.

no special tools are required

thank you in advance.

Steve

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert