Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2007 BMW X3: I need help locating the TPMS RDC Antenna..part number

I need help locating the TPMS RDC Antenna on a 2007 BMW X3. The part number is XXXXX and it's part #2 in this diagram

http://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=261885

My TPMS warning light came on about a week ago. All of the tire pressures were, and still are, fine, and resetting the TPMS system with the button on the lower portion of the center console didn't do anything, the warning comes back within a matter of minutes. I took it to my local BMW dealership, and after some testing, they said that the RDC Antenna needs to be replaced. They quoted me $400 for the repair. I can buy the part myself for $65, and I'm sure I can change it myself, except I just can't find it.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer BMW,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Can I please have the last 7 digits of the vin of your vehicle to pull up the proper diagram?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WE78456
thanks just one moment please

*

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST PRESS ACCEPT TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

*

*

*

*

Thanks for your patience.

The rdc antenna is located at the rear of the drivers side front wheel well. You will need to get behind the wheel well / fender liner to access it.

I have uploaded an image for you. When the new window opens, please press the download button in the top right corner of the new page to save a copy of the info for future reference:

CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE

I hope that is helpful, please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything for you.

It has been my pleasure to help today and I wish you the best of luck with the vehicle.

If satisfied with my assistance, please press the green "ACCEPT" button so that I may be credited for helping today. I am not credited or compensated whatsoever until you press the green ACCEPT button.

>>>>>PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PRESS ACCEPT <<<<<

Many thanks.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. I'll remove the wheel well liner when I get a chance, to verify if that's right.

Just to confirm, this is the central RDC Antenna, not 1 of the 4 TPMS antennas that are used to directly communicate with the sensors in the tires? There should only be 1 RDC antenna for the vehicle, that's the one I'm interested in.

The information I have provided is 100% correct.

B46a is the antenna. There is only one.

It is NOT one of the 4 senors that communicate with the tire sensors. B43a is one of those 4 sensors. B46a is the RDC antenna.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Since I have answered your question, I would kindly ask that you please press "ACCEPT" so that I receive credit for doing so.

thank you in advance.

Steve