Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

98 528i: moonroof..I put back down until I can afford repair?

Customer Question

98 528i moonroof stuckin tilt position. How do I put back down until I can afford repair?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

There is a way to shut the cassette in most cases as long as the linkage is not bound up. To do this the ceiling light needs to be levered out and on the motor there is an access hole that a torx or allen can fit into the center of the motor to turn it manually.

I would recommend a quick trip to the dealer if possible as they can get this closed for only about .5 to 1 hour labor until you are ready to repair.

I hope this information is helpful. Please accept and best wishes on your repair. Thank you.